Sunday 30 December 2012

Fish Depot Toowoomba UPDATE

If you go to my previous review of the Fish Depot Toowoomba you'll see that I said some good things about the place, although I really gave the calamari a bagging.  I couldn't help myself.  My disappointment of discovering the best calamari in town had be defiled and abused was almost too much for me.

Well it's nearly the end of the year and a friend convinced me to give it another try.  And I did.  Twice.  The first time I couldn't believe that the calamari was so good.  It must have been a fluke, so I waited a couple of weeks and purchased another serve for lunch.  This was no fluke.  The good people at Fish Depot had turned the whole calamari business around and were now serving perfectly cooked golden brown delicious portions of calamari.  Thank (insert deity of choice). 

I am so happy.  I have to add that while I waited for my beloved calamari to cook, I checked out the rest of the shop.  The fish on display couldn't look any fresher with beautiful clear eyes and a smile on their faces.  The place smell fresh.  The shop is immaculately clean and the staff are so friendly I wanted to take one home.

I can't take any credit for the calamari turn around, but it does go to show the power of public demand.  I'm not the only person who noticed the calamari crisis and spoke up.

So, just because you are a couple of hours drive from the ocean, it doesn't mean you can't get fantastic seafood in Toowoomba.  The prices are comparable with shops on the coast and so is the quality and service.  The Fish Depot at the Red Edge on James Street Toowoomba is my favourite Darling Downs fish monger, so give it a try and it might become yours too.  Congratulations Fish Depot, you've made a lot of people very happy.  Keep up the good work.
Karl

4 comments:

  1. Hey !!! Thanks for sharing very important information on this blog, i have visited your blog really you give us great information....!!!!

    Toowoomba display homes











    ReplyDelete
  2. Your content is most fortunately cherished. Thank you very much for providing a ocean of useful post.For more information, plz visit at
    mulletgutmarine.com.au


    ReplyDelete
  3. When we got home discover they had given whiting instead of tiger prawns when I rang and complain they said it was my fault for not watching what he was doin.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed the food. prices haven't changed in 6 months so lets hope they keep it up. thanks for uploading this post its very useful to know where to go eat.

    ReplyDelete