Friday 15 February 2013

Hi, I'm Back. Did you miss me?

Hi everyone, to be perfectly honest, I haven't been anywhere.  I'm really sorry I haven't posted in so long but sometimes life pushes us around and demands our attention.  For starters we got flooded again.  Not so bad this time around and Kelly was home to freak out with me not overseas like last time (January 2011).  That time it was just me and the dogs as the water came through the house and we were trapped for a couple of days.  Lucky for the dogs that the roads opened because they were starting to look delicious (only joking).


Anyway we got through it and the carpets are dry and everything is back to normal. (the dogs are fine)  A few months ago we booked a seven day cruise around the Pacific islands on the P&O Pacific Dawn.  So instead of eating out (which is our passion), we have been madly saving up for the cruise which leaves in a couple of weeks.

  
I'm looking forward to having some great articles for our blog because the ship has about six different restaurants and we are definitely going to try out what the Pacific French colonies has to offer.  So keep an eye on our blog for some exciting food stories, and find out how we handle our first ever ocean cruise.

Lets face it, as working class stiffs, it's nearly impossible to afford a nice restaurant every week.  Even every month is a stretch.  I really love writing about restaurants for this blog but I've often felt something was missing.  I think it's because we have so many meals we don't tell you about.  The recipes we experiment with from celebrity cook books and the fantastic home cooking we eat just about every day.  We also watch all the best cooking shows and cooking contests on TV and we have lots of opinions on all of it.  Probably just like you.

So for now on, we're going to try to share a lot more of our culinary life on our blog, not just eating out.  And it would be fabulous to hear what you like and don't like about food and cooking.  We now have a Food Trek Facebook page so you can interact with us more easily.  Have a look and please click LIKE.

Email me.  karl.hoppe@skymesh.com.au Why don't you send me your stories and photos?  I'd love to see them and comment right back about them.  We can post your Food Adventures right here and everyone can share in the fun.  This is getting exciting!!!  Let me know if you mind me posting your stories by the way.  We want to stay friends after all.

So, I'm going to get to work on my next article right now.  Hopefully I'll hear from you soon and you will enjoy our Pacific Food Trek in a few weeks.  Until then, Bon Appetit
Karl & Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment